Camp Yavneh’s summer in Israel program
An exhilarating educational experience aimed at enhancing the participant’s Jewish personal growth and love of Israel.
The trip includes:
- Live and work on a kibbutz and or a moshav
- Explore archeological excavations, hike in the Judean Hills and through the canyons of Nahal Devora.
- Float in the Dead Sea, swim through the Zaki River and play at the Luna Gal water park.
- Hike and camp in the Negev for 3 days.
- Share a group Kabbalat Shabbat at the Kotel and enjoy Jerusalem’s cultural events on other evenings.
- Develop Hebrew fluency while living the culture, religion, and politics of the Jewish homeland.
- Develop deep and long lasting friendships with your American and Israeli peers.
- And so much more!
The program leaders have many years of experience with Jewish teens. This program was organized and developed by Debbie Sussman, Director of Camp Yavneh, and Yitzhak Sokoloff, Director of Keshet Educational Tours, in Israel, to establish a program that is exciting, fun, and educational, all at the same time.
“Na’aleh participants will experience a feeling of being at home in both ancient and modern Israel, visit the most famous sites in Israel and acquire lifelong memories of the Negev, Galilee and Mediterranean. Our goal is for our teens to learn to love the beauty of Eretz Yisrael and understand her history.”
- Yitzhak Sokoloff, Director of Keshet, Jerusalem
The 2 day orientation will be at Camp Yavneh, in Northwood, New Hampshire. You will relax, begin to develop relationships with your fellow travelers, and you will receive Hebrew and educational background to prepare you for your trip.
For the following 6 weeks, from your home base in Jerusalem, you will immerse yourself in all the highlights of Israeli life, culture, people, geography and politics.
Upon your return to Boston, the group will come up to Yavneh for a day visit to share your experiences with next years’ Na’aleh and the entire camp.
Open to teens who have completed 11th grade. It is intended for teens who want to expand and deepen their Jewish identity and their knowledge of Israel and Hebrew language. Participants will observe Kashrut and Shabbat and pray and study daily.
For more info email Debbie Sussman, our Director at Camp Yavneh.